Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Football League deadline day open thread

Have your say on all the latest deals in the lower leagues, from West Ham's striker search to Bournemouth flashing the cash

With some surprising pre-deadline moves, the Football League has arguably been more interesting than the Premier League in this transfer window. This blog will act as an open thread for discussion of all the deadline-day deals, but here are just a handful of the more intriguing for discussion:

? Ravel Morrison set to complete West Ham move, with the Hammers also moving to land Barnsley's Ricardo Vaz Te and, according to Sky, Bristol City's Nicky Maynard.

? Southampton signing Doncaster Rovers striker Billy Sharp, in a transfer understood to be worth �1.75m.

"I haven't signed to get away from the things that have been well publicised, and people thought I wouldn't sign here because I like Yorkshire too much," said Sharp. "That's not the case, I just happened to be around Yorkshire for most of my career, but the time felt right to make this move and I'm absolutely delighted. I've gone from second bottom to second top, so that's not bad for a day's work."

? Crawley Town forward Matt Tubbs leaving for Bournemouth in an �800,000 deal. Cherries boss Lee Bradbury said:

"Show me a striker at any level who scores goals week in and week out who is cheap ? you can't get them, especially in January. I really think we have had a result with what we have spent and I think it is a reflection of Matt Tubbs as a player."

Have your say on these, as well as all the latest Football League deals below the line.


guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/jan/31/football-league-transfer-deadline-thread

Zac Dalpe Patrick Davis David Desharnais Andrew Desjardins

No comments:

Post a Comment