Friday, February 25, 2011

Heritage Classic a Nice Homecoming for Canadiens' Michael Cammalieri

Rita Mingoby Rita Mingo

Filed under:

CALGARY - Michael Cammalleri couldn't ask for a better setting for his much-anticipated return to National Hockey League action.

Not only is it against a former team - the Calgary Flames - but it's in the outdoor extravaganza known as the Heritage Classic.

A fan favorite when he played in Calgary, Cammalleri will no doubt hear some cheers from the 40,000 expected to take in the tilt between Calgary and Montreal at McMahon Stadium on Sunday.

"I'm happy to be back,'' smiled the diminutive 28-year-old winger. "It's been a while, but this weekend is a special weekend and I'm going to take it all in, that's for sure.

"I had a really good time in Calgary. I was only here the one season, but I made good friends and it feels great to be back.''

Cammalleri suffered a suspected separated shoulder in a game against Buffalo on Jan. 18 and as his rehab continued, this was one date on the calendar he was hoping he would not miss.

"When I first got hurt, I didn't know the time frame,'' he explained. "It seemed so far down the road that I didn't even think of it. Then, as time got closer and closer, I obviously didn't want to miss it and I'm good enough to go.

"Someone told me it was only going to be minus-5 (Celsius), I guess it's changed. We'll see. Hopefully it'll be harder for the goalies. Hopefully, Kipper (Flames' Mikka Kiprusoff) gets really tight.''

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/02/19/heritage-classic-a-nice-homecoming-for-canadiens-michael-cammal/

Trent Whitfield Colin Wilson Kyle Wilson Tommy Wingels

No comments:

Post a Comment