Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brent Burns Suspended 2 Games

Adam Gretzby Adam Gretz

Filed under: , ,

Shortly after Florida's 2-1 win against Minnesota on Friday night, the two teams were involved in a brief skirmish on the ice that began when Panthers forward Steve Bernier checked Minnesota's Brent Burns. Following the check, Burns hit Bernier in the face with the butt-end of his stick resulting in what is feared to be a broken cheekbone for the Panthers forward, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Burns was issued a game-misconduct, even though the game had already been completed.

The league didn't waste any time handing out additional punishment, issuing a two-game suspension on Saturday.

"I don't know how it happened," Burns told the Star Tribune's Mike Russo after the game. "I don't know. It happened. I said sorry. I just saw he was bleeding there. I didn't mean to do that. He just came at me, and I think it was my glove got him. I don't know.''

Here's the video of the entire incident...

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/13/brent-burns-suspended-2-games/

Shawn Matthias Greg Mauldin Ben Maxwell Jay McClement

No comments:

Post a Comment